Thursday, April 24, 2014

Case of Missing names and Election Commission Office in Maharashtra

Story of a student appearing for a critical examination.

Student goes for board examination.
Student enters the examination center with hall ticket.
Exam facilitator to Student: Your name is not on the list. Your hall ticket is no good.
Exam facilitator: You cannot appear for the exam.
Student: Sir, can I show you my other documents?
Exam facilitator: No, You cannot appear for the exam.
Student: Sir, why is my name missing from the list?
Exam facilitator: No, I don't know why. Only thing I know is if your name is not on our list, you cannot appear.
Student: Sir, who can tell me why is my name missing from the list?
Exam facilitator: No, I don't know who can help. Only thing I know is if your name is not on our list, you cannot appear.
Student: Sir, do you have a documented reason to take my name off the list?
Exam facilitator: No, It is not my responsibility. Only thing I know is if your name is not on our list, you cannot appear.
Student: Sir, how can I get my name on the list?
Exam facilitator: No, I have no idea. Only thing I know is if your name is not on our list, you cannot appear.
Student: Sir, can I appear later?
Exam facilitator: Not this time. You can try again next time i.e. after 5 years.
Student: Sir, but till then my colleagues will have graduated. Who is responsible for this?
Exam facilitator : Why are you making noise over a few missing names?
Student: Sir, it is my right as well as responsibility. Your responsibility is fair and proper facilitation. And it is not a few missing names, it is about so many names missing. More importantly, even if it is just one missing name, is it not your responsibility?
Exam facilitator : Give me evidence of the large number of missing names, but I do not promise any action.
Student: Sir, Ideally it is your responsibility but because we are at loss here and we believe in the system despite examples like you, we will do that.
Exam facilitator : All that is fine, but I am not committing to re-exam or another alternative.

Later that day, SOME News channels: "We have had very poor turnout of students this year. Students are not interested in Education any more."

Jai Ho, Mera Bharat Mahan ...

No comments:

Post a Comment