Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I've learned that ...

I've learned that ... Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lessons afterward

I've learned that ... Learning is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily

I've learned that ... Adversity is the stuff that shows whether you are what you thought you were

I've learned that ... We attract hearts by qualities we display; we retain them by qualities we possess

I've learned that ... You may forget how you behaved when the going got tough, but others won't

I've learned that ... If you torture data sufficiently, it will confess to almost anything

I've learned that ... There is nothing wrong with people making mistakes. If they don't respond with encores

I've learned that ... It takes two to start a quarrel, one to end it

I've learned that ... Men desire women, but women desire to be the desire of a man

I've learned that ... Too often we...enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought

I've learned that ... True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess

I've learned that ... A Diamond is just another piece of coal, that handled the pressure well

I've learned that ... No revenge is more honorable than one not taken

I've learned that ...
We are never too old to be what we might have been

I've learned that ...
Intellectuals solve problems, Geniuses prevent them

I've learned that ...
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it

I've learned that ...
People are wise in proportion, not to their experience, but to their capacity for experience

I've learned that ...
Those who wish to sing always find a song

I've learned that ...
Everyone is the age of their heart

I've learned that ...
Reputation is what you are in the light; character is what you are in the dark

I've learned that ...
In the long run we hit only what we aim at (Thanks to Dinesh Venugopal for this one)

I've learned that ...
Reality is not the fact, it is the perception of the majority (Thanks to Dinesh Venugopal for this one)

I've learned that ...
A sunrise is God's way of telling the world to lighten up

I've learned that ...
Nature uses as little as possible of anything

I've learned that ... Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the head empties

I've learned that ...
Self esteem is the reputation we acquire with ourselves

I've learned that ...
Life generally gives us a lot of options and only one choice

I've learned that ...
We are made such that we can only find relaxation from one kind of labor by taking up another

I've learned that ...
The higher we soar the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly

I've learned that ...
Poetry is what gets lost is translation

I've learned that ...
Not to know is bad, not to want to know is worse

I've learned that ...
We all live under the same sky, but we don't have the same horizons

I've learned that ...
A candle that lights another, looses nothing

I've learned that ...
A friend is a present we give ourselves

I've learned that ... We dont make mistakes, we just have learnings, if we accept them

I've learned that ...
If you think you can, you can, and if you think you can't, you are still right!

I've learned that ... N does not cancel noise, silence does

I've learned that ... I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it

I've learned that ... I should have told my loved one that I love them, once more, before they passed away

I've learned that
... When you're in love, it shows

I've learned that ... Life is tough, but I'm tougher

I've learned that
... Everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile

I've learned that
... When you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere

I've learned that
... Being kind is more important than being right

I've learned that ... We should keep our words soft & tender, in case tomorrow we have to eat them

I've learned that ... Having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world

I've learned that ... Sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand

I've learned that
... It is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation

I've learned that ... When you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you

I've learned that
... A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks

I've learned that
... I can always pray for someone when I don't have the strength to help him in some other way

I've learned that
... We should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for

I've learned that
... Just one person saying to me, "You've made my day!" makes my day

I've learned that
... Opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss

I've learned that
... It's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular

I've learned that
... Money doesn't buy class

I've learned that
... Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes

I've learned that
... You should never say no to a gift from a child

I've learned that
... Under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved

No comments:

Post a Comment